– have bags packed (almost) ready for Derbyshire. road conditions improved slightly on yesterday, although very icy, so potential for thrills and spills on journey. anticipating arguments ahead based on: food; drink; navigation; activities; music; noise. hmm. all good fun.
– have chosen five CDs for trip (limit imposed by Andrea):
1. Gilles Peterson and Norman Jay: Desert Island Mix Journeys by DJ
2. Hed Kandi compilation: Winter Chill
3. Bowery Electric: Lushlife
4. Man or Astroman?: Made from Technetium
5. Morcheeba: Big Calm
…let’s see how many arguments they cause (esp. number 3).
very brief update:
1. gifts received for Christmas:
– lovely bath robe (from AW)
– MVC vouchers
– the inevitable chocolate
– the love of a good woman
– and much much more. Christmas was great.
2. weather report:
– SNOW! blimey. and it looks like our trip to Derbyshire on Saturday will be thrill-packed too.
3. shopping report:
– checked out the Oracle shopping centre in Reading yesterday and purchased warm clothing for the impending Derbyshire trip. not bad, although a bit of a trek from here.
– shopped in Chichester today and purchased more warm clothing in view of white stuff on the ground.
4. other news:
– nothing that major. David was over from America with his new girly Andi (short for Susan – don’t ask). good to see him again.
– getting ready for Derbyshire trip. stockpiling beer and wine in readiness for many nights in.
5. blog status:
– updates likely to be infrequent if not non-existent until 7th January. but watch this space – will try my best.
6. new year status:
– have a good un.
there are some nights when I love living in Chichester more than anything else on earth. tonight was one of them. I had a brilliant night out with my friends, who are some of the greatest people ever. I only missed one thing – and she was in Burgess Hill with her parents. you know who I mean – being in love is the greatest thing ever.
Merry Christmas everyone.
well, the shopping is finally done. most of the presents are wrapped, and those that need to be delivered have been. all that remains now is to finish the last bits of wrapping, do last night’s washing up, tidy the flat, eat a pizza, go to the pub and get a few beers in, and then sleeeeep.
tomorrow will be a presentfest – I went round to the parents earlier, and there was a healthy pile under their tree. and when we run out of presents, then it’ll be food until we burst, with umpteen varieties of meat, mountains of veggies, gallons of gravy and a goodly selection of tapas for the evening. plus wine by the case as well.
no more blogging for a few days – enjoy your holiday, whether with family, friends or on your own.
blogfudge waves a teary goodbye.
for the curious, I know about Robyn’s new project, and will be linking shortly. from what I’ve seen so far, it’ll be good – darned good.
well, the Christmas shopping is very nearly done. I need to go get some more brown paper and string for wrapping things (in a true “These are a Few of My Favourite Things” kinda way) and another small gift for Dad, something for Fi and some chocs for Mum – then I’m done. Then I have to go and attack Waitrose, as I have no food in the house for today or tomorrow, and I’m planning on getting some tapas for Christmas Day evening.
The whole Christmas shopping thing is (a) expensive, (b) time-consuming, (c) hard work and (d) much more complicated than it needs to be. Next year, everyone is going to get gift vouchers for Waterstone’s, and that’s all. It doesn’t help when you haven’t a clue what to buy people – my brother, for example, provides no indication of what he would like, and so his girlfriend and I are left having 20 minute long conversations along the lines of:
me: any ideas what Tim wants?
Jane: none at all. you?
Jane: ah, we’re stuffed then.
Andrea, on the other hand, has turned out to be surprisingly easy to buy for. I have officially gone mad in the purchasing department for that girl. I just hope she likes it all. Report on Boxing Day (or as soon as I can).
it’s awfully quiet out there in bloggerland today.
Men’s scent can trigger women’s shopping sprees – there is just sooooo much potential for jokes in this story….I’ll leave them to your imagination.