It’s very good to be home again – these days, I find that I come to a point when travelling for work when all I want to do is go home. On this trip, that point came on Friday morning, but we still managed to fit in some useful and enjoyable work stuff, so it wasn’t all that bad. Highlights of this trip:
- dinner with friends of Mike on Sunday evening
- Mike fracturing his elbow whilst playing table tennis (not sure if that qualifies as a highlight!)
- exploring Münster, Bonn and Schwäbisch Gmünd – I particularly love the sound of this last town, which you pronounce as shway-bish ger-munnd
- doing lots of extremely good business
- lovely dinner with good friends, Jakob and Maria
- driving at 160kmh on the autobahn
Since getting home, our attention has turned to exciting mortgage paperwork, exciting bank paperwork and exciting solicitor paperwork. But we took the time yesterday to go for a walk followed by an enormous Sunday lunch, which is how things should be.