A modified BBC Good Food recipe.
15 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to cook.
This would also work well with mixed seafood (squid, mussels, prawns, etc).
- 350ml white wine
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250g risotto rice
- 250g peeled prawns (raw – but you can used cooked too).
- zest and juice of a lemon
- a handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 bag rocket (80g)
- butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the stock.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Sweat over a low heat for ten minutes until softened, but not coloured.
- Add the rice, and stir for 2 minutes until the grains are hot and may begin making a cracking noise.
- Increase the heat to medium and begin adding the stock and wine, one ladle at a time. Begin with the stock, and start using the wine when perhaps half the stock has been used. Stir constantly and ensure that the liquid is absorbed by the rice before adding more.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the prawns and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Continue adding more liquid for another 3 or 4 minutes until the prawns and rice are cooked.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and rocket. Leave in the pan for 2 minutes and then serve with crusty bread.