Beer tonight with Greg, Bren and Phil, with musical accompaniment from Could Be Good, who were.
Foul weather = foul mood. Grumph.
Happiness is an evening like this:
- finally succeeding in getting some quality college revision done. I know that doesn’t sound like the foundation for a good evening, but I’ve been beginning to get worried about the lack of time I’ve had/made for college study, so tonight will ease those worries.
- listening to very good music on Monkey Radio
- eating lovely food – sage and onion stuffing rules! (I did have more than just stuffing, honest!)
- having a lovely MSN chat with my splendid friend Lizzie
- drinking plenty of Manta Preta.
No surprise, in spite of what the team captain might say. The question is, who will manage Brighton now?
If I mention Holly Valance, will my hits suddenly increase?
I notice that the crapping pigeon has been evicted from Barnham station. I feel safe already.
On my desk at the moment:
- a pile of papers
- a calculator
- two phones
- some Zip disks
- a pair of scissors
- the 1986 Bash Street Kids annual
An excellent phone call from my lovely friend Louise tonight, followed by a trip to the cinema to see the utterly fantastic K-PAX – go see it: the story is really good, and it is visually and aurally stunning, with a couple of good Kleenex moments too.
All this followed by a late beer in W2 with Paul F, Ted, Vince, Dave and Lucy.
Beer last night in the Eastgate (of all places) to celebrate Ian and Sacha’s departure on their travels, wherever they may lead. Present were Paul F, Paul-the-other-one and Ted, three-fifths of Could Be Good, doing an “unplugged” session which was excellent and hopefully the first of many. In addition were Zena, Sarah, DA, DAGS (looking splendid on a diet of motherhood), Andrea, Kev, Hamish, Matt, Kearn, Stein, Jeremy, Tanya, James, Jayne, Lord Percy and Lady Bren, the last two ending up back at mine again for more late-night silliness.