The Nursery Arms XI returns:
|John Arne Riise||Liverpool||£4m|
|Rio Ferdinand||Man Utd||£4m|
|Forwards:||Nicholas Anelka||Man City||£7m|
I’m not entering the Telegraph Fantasy Football game this year, just Andi’s (so you’ll know what AFF means when I mention it, won’t you?), in which I got to the quarter finals in the Cup last season.
This year’s team raises the following questions (feel free to post answers, and perhaps your own questions, in the comments):
- Will Arsenal be any good this year? Everyone seems ready to write them off, but I’m not so sure.
- Will Wayne Bridge get any matches? Chelsea seems now to be full of so many good players that they can’t possibly all get a run-out every week.
- Will Todorov be up to Premiership standard? He was awesome in the First Division, but this is a whole new league (haha!). I also note that he was injured in training today.
- Will Beattie have to play second fiddle to Phillips at Southampton – or will they be the dream team?
- And, as they said when they sold me that endowment policy, past performance is no guide to future returns. So which young gun should I have picked?