This week has included:
- learning that a friend and client is very unwell
- literally dozens of phone conversations with two different sets of lawyers and two different sets of surveyors
- realising that I’ve cocked up my plan to go to a trade show in Poland (note to self: VIII means August, not September – d’oh!)
- dropping a client because he is really not on my wavelength and I can’t be bothered to struggle for what would be a potentially small reward
- getting a very long document from the Borough Council
- not getting a whole bunch of things sorted out that I planned to do this week
- cleaning up purple projectile vomit after Tom had blackberries for tea (he’s fine now, but I’ve got to redecorate a wall)
- having to clean the cat litter tray every day after one or other of them decided that the garden was too cold and wet to use now that the weather has turned.
And that is just what I’ve had to do – Hels has had just as much.
But there are positive things too:
- Sussex beat Durham in the cricket
- it rained (very good news in this part of the world)
- we caught up with some people in the pub
- it’s Friday
- we’re going on holiday soon
- Tom “pulled” a waitress in the place we went to today for lunch (very funny – you had to be there)
So it’s not all bad. It just feels that way.